Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dear Reader Letter


Dear Reader,

My best advice to anyone wanting to get back into college is to take one quarter at a time and to make homework top priority. Making the decision to commit to school and cut back the work hours was an exciting, yet a scary decision because it did cut back on my spending. Serioulsy it is the end of the quarter and I have severe roots due from lack of cash to get my hair done, but I guess it is a great feeling knowing that I sucessfully completed yet another prerequisite putting me closer and closer to entering that nursing program. It's all about sacrifices right?

I have finished up my fifth quarter at EVCC and I am considering taking the summer off, since sun in Washington is a rarity and should be taken full advantage of. English 98 was definitely a step up from English 97 because I had a hard time coming up with topic proposals that fit the major writing assignment criteria. However, it also made me feel more confident about succeeding in English 101. Learning to take the "you" out of my writing was something new I learned because I didn't even realize that I incorporated the word "you" into my writing and learning how to replace the word to make my writing more general seemed to make my paper's stronger.

This quarter has been an enjoyable one. since I got to continue on with my same teacher, who I enjoy as well as my good friend Emily, whom I met in English 97. My writing seemed to vary this quarter from paper's about diets to personal matters to work related topics where as last quarter I wrote about things I enjoyed like snowboarding and ATV riding. I think I like writing about hobbies better just because I am not a serious person, so I prefer to write to entertain. I think seeing my e-portfolio this quarter and comparing it with my chosen pieces from last quarter you will see my wide range of writng, which helped me improve as a writer.

Enough about English class and a little about me and where I am going in my life. I currently hold a Medical Assistant certificate and spent a few years at various clinics, but I am not using it right now. I work at an early learning center where I have worked for about three years now. When I worked full time I worked as a two year old teacher and now I just float around and give breaks. Both positions I have enjoyed the children as long as I can leave them at work and come home to my babies, my two golden retrievers Corduroy and Cami. I also live with my boyfriend Nick and our best friend Rob in the awesome city of Marysville. As I mentioned before my hobbies are snowboarding, ATV riding and of course shopping.

Career goals for me are becoming a registered nurse as far as what medical field I want to work in seem to change all the time. I am interested in working with children, labor and delivery or maybe even assisting in surgeries. There are a ton of opportunities out there for a nurse and that is why I decided to move up from being a medical assistant. I felt too limited as a medical assistant and to low on the chain as far as responsibilities and pay.

I hope that when reading my chosen writing pieces you can get a clear picture of what I am about. My writing tends to reflect on whatever is going on in my life during that quarter. I hope that in the fall I have new and exciting writing topics. Meanwhile enjoy the ones from this past quarter. Thank you for taking the time to learn a little about me and reading through my writing samples.

1 comment:

Emily V said...

oh tasha! haha i love your letter! espcially hearing how much of a sacrafice english has been for you, i mean come on.. YOU HAVE ROOTS! haha, just kidding, me too!! see ya tomorrow!